Storefront 2.5.0 has just been tagged for release and uploaded to WordPress.org. That means it should be available to download very soon!
While 2.5 is not a major release, you should not update live sites without adequate testing on a staging site. If you are using any additional Storefront products (child themes and/or extensions) be sure to check for updates for them before updating Storefront.
What’s in the box
In version 2.2 we introduced support for WordPress 4.7’s Starter Content feature, a feature that provides a much richer experience when installing Storefront.
In 2.5 we are expanding this feature to include a custom editable homepage using WooCommerce 3.6 blocks, and also the updated cover block introduced in WordPress 5.2.
For most of its existence Storefront has included a “Homepage” custom template. While this provided a solution to a problem, any kind of customizations to the configuration of this template were only possible via plugins or custom code.
Now with Gutenberg and the new WooCommerce blocks, creating custom homepages couldn’t be easier.
Here’s what’s changed pulled directly from the changelog:
* Feature - Updated Starter Content to make use of WooCommerce 3.6 blocks, and also the new cover block introduced in WordPress 5.2, to create a custom editable homepage.
* Tweak - Added edit link to post, pages, and products.
* Fix - Prevent overlap of site title and handheld menu button when not using a logo image.
* Fix - Added error styling to T&C checkbox and Country select in the Checkout page.
* Fix - Ensure all inputs use accent color set in the Customizer.
* Fix - Don't show sticky add to cart if product cannot be purchased.
* Fix - Added margin to view cart link in the "Added to cart" notice.
* Fix - Replaced CSS calc with Sass math when calculating block gallery column widths for better compatibility with IE11.
* Fix - Change color and size of "remove" icon in the Cart page.
* Fix - Change product pagination z-index for compatibility with PhotoSwipe.
* Fix - Fix double scrollbar when original length of the mini cart surpasses the end of the page.
* Fix - Move all Gutenberg assets to Gutenberg hooks.
* Dev - Updated Composite Products integration for compatibility with version 4.0.
* Dev - Updated FontAwesome to 5.8.1.
You can download Storefront now from your dashboard or from WordPress.org.
I found a bug
If you find a bug then as always, please be sure to report it on GitHub. If you have any other problems with Storefront please post on the WordPress.org support forum, or contact us if you’re a WooCommerce customer.