The release candidate for WooCommerce 3.6 is now available! To see all the new features being shipped in 3.6, please check out the Beta 1 post for all the details.
By publishing the release candidate ( RC ) – this signals that we feel 3.6 is ready for release – but we would love your help testing things out prior to the final release! We are still targeting to release WooCommerce 3.6 on Thursday, April 11th.
In addition to the changelog and feature list that was included in the Beta 1 Announcement – the following items have been added since Beta 1:
- Enhancement – Improved username generation and introduced wc_create_new_customer_username function. #23145
- Dev – Update action scheduler to version 2.2.2. #23162
- Fix – Download link URL in helper. #23146
- Fix – Completed email wording update. #23128
- Fix – REST API: Allow filtering by future status #23138
- Fix – Update refund reason to make it clear process is manual. #23149
- Fix – Hide stock status for variations when the parent is managing stock. #23069
- Fix – Force variation product type in WC_Ajax::add_variation. #23131
- Fix – WooCommerce writes current_theme_supports_woocommerce option on every regular page view. #23035
- Fix – Update the rating request text in the footer to be friendlier for screen reader users. #23039
- Fix – Null check variable before accessing its properties on checkout page. #23047
- Fix – Recognize all input fields with ID for checkout fields. #23050
- Fix – Avoid regenerating thumbnails on every page load. #21800
- Fix – Changed ‘private’ methods on WC_Breadcrumb class to ‘protected’. #23057
- Fix – Jumping to top of page when dismissing store notice. #23066
Since 3.6 is now in release candidate stage, only bug fixes will be made. No other changes should take place.
Think you’ve found a bug? Please post in detail to Github.
Developers, 3.6 is a minor release, so it should be fully backwards compatible. Despite this, it’s still a good idea to test your plugins and themes and help us catch any issues we may have missed before the final release.