This post summarizes the dev chat meeting from June 6th (agenda, Slack archive).
WooCommerce 3.1 Beta
- Beta 2 should be available soon.
- Still on track for a release at the end of June.
- Please test the new importer/exporter included in WooCommerce.
- API development will now be done in a separate repo.
- When new API versions are ready they will be merged into WooCommerce and released with the next WooCommerce version.
- This will enable API development to not be tied to the WooCommerce release schedule.
- The legacy v1, v2, and v3 APIs will be removed in WooCommerce 4.0.
Extensions version checking
- Sites had a high amount of errors when people upgraded to WooCommerce 3.0 and were using extensions that were not ready for WooCommerce 3.0.
- We need to show warnings or programmatically manage extensions that are not compatible with new versions of WooCommerce somehow.
- An issue has been created on GitHub for this. Please leave feedback or ideas.