The WooCommerce 2.6.10 fix release is now available. You can download it from WordPress.org or as an automatic update in your administration panel.
~30 commits made it into this release fixing several issues.
The main change to be aware of surrounds the variation add to cart form script. A few versions back we spotted an incompatibility with the latest version of Firefox which would deselect an attribute on click. This was “fixed” in 2.6.9, however this inadvertently prevented the ‘default selected’ attributes from working correctly in other browsers.
We narrowed this down to the way WooCommerce would filter out non-relevent attributes on select box focus. Some browsers did not like the DOM being changed during the focus event. To resolve this, the DOM needed to be kept up to date and left alone during focus.
The PR which fixed this can be found here. You’ll notice it’s a fairly substantial refactor, and one we wouldn’t usually feel comfortable including in a fix release, but it was necessary to resolve the browser compatibility issues and makes the script more easily understandable. We’ve been testing this internally since merging.
The full changelog for 2.6.10 is below.
* Fix flat rate no class costs when no shipping classes exist.
* Fix returned REST API coupon expiry date.
* Fix reviews_allowed being set to false in Rest API.
* Fix sales date series for some custom ranges.
* Fix missing attributes when an option is chosen by default on variations. This was the result of a Firefox 50 compatibility fix. In order to support both Firefox, Chrome, IE, and Edge we've done some refactoring of the variation add to cart scripts.
* Updated Geo IP API services.
* Added support for WP VIP/VIP GO GEO IP headers.
* Dev - API - Throw error messages when product image ID is not a valid WordPress attachment ID.
If you spot any further issues, please report them to us in detail on GitHub so the development team can review – comments on this post are closed.
Happy holidays from the team 🙂